Thursday, November 1, 2012

11th Annual Delta Gent Pageant

Last week I made my FIRST appearance as Miss Louisiana International 2013 as a celebrity judge at the 11th Annual Delta Gent Pageant! I'm so honored to join the Illustrious Iota Theta Divas of Delta Sigma Theta in the fight to end heart disease! Claiming 1 in 4 lives annually, heart disease is the number 1 killer of women in this nation. The disease also disproportionately affects women of color.

In addition to the actual pageant, each contestant raised money for the title of "Mr. Heart Throb". It was $1/vote and all funds went to the American Heart Association, one of my platforms as Miss Louisiana International 2013.

The "Mr. Heart Throb" flyer will the contestants

Having attended and judged more than a few LSU pageants (finished undergrad at LSU in 2007), I can without a doubt say that this pageant was the most well-organized and enjoyable I have ever attended! Not only did the event raise over $1000 for the local American Heart Association chapter, but it allowed the audience to be involved in the show via Twitter! With engaging hosts, a great DJ, and a great cause, you can really tell the ladies worked hard to make the event a success, and I was glad to be a part of it!

Me in the LSU Union Theater during intermission

I am proud to join the Miss International family as a spokesperson for the American Heart Association. Please help me maximize by reign as queen and be the best Heart Ambassador I can be, by DONATING to my cause!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment