Monday, October 15, 2012

Another 5 Questions With Miss Louisiana International 2013

When Miss International contestants are selected/crowned, they are given 5 questions to answer for the website. Here are my answers! Don't forget to check out the Miss International website to see all the lovely ladies I'll be competing with! 


What is the best thing that you have received that was free?
Mine was a free piece of advice: "Faith in God includes faith in His timing." I am somewhat of a late bloomer in pageantry, as I got into it after receiving my masters degree at age 27. But I understand that everything happens for a reason and on His time.

What do you do that makes you a leader?
I am a leader because I resonate with people. I strive to leave others with the understanding that they too, can live a life of purpose and value. It's more than just Southern charm.

What do you feel most successful women have in common?
Hillary Clinton once said, "The women of the world have so much to contribute." Like Secretary Clinton, most successful women believe that women everywhere hold the key to thriving societies. They help women raise their expectations and leave a legacy for the next generation by being a positive role model.

Tell me about an experience that has been educational to you.
Pageantry! To impact your community by actually making a difference through your title, and bringing attention to issues through your platform, is amazing. It is also a humbling experience that shows you what is really important. I've learned so much about others and even more about myself through pageantry.

What is your best asset? Why?
A giving heart! I have been blessed beyond measure in my own life, so it is important to always give back! I go above and beyond to positively impact the lives of others. I believe you should never think about "what's in it for you" and give to others unselfishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment