Monday, November 5, 2012

Want to improve education? Start with WOMEN. Here's my approach...

I am more than just a pageant queen. I am on a mission to improve education in the state of Louisiana.

As Queen I Intend to Lead The Fight:
Education is important for everyone, but it is especially significant for young girls and women. Educational achievements for women can have ripple effects within the family and across generations.

The Correct Approach:
A woman’s progression toward a college degree starts long before she steps on a college campus.

1. Pre-K: High quality pre-school programs have long lasting effects by improving student outcomes well into adulthood. I will strive to inform mothers of the importance of early childhood development for their daughters.
   
2. The need for sustained support throughout a child’s K-12 years is imperative to their future higher educational success. I will focus on finding ways to ensure our young girls are prepared for college through mentoring programs & college-prep courses.

3. The Politics of Education: Many constituents are unaware that laws made at the state level greatly affect educational programs. As part of my platform, I would like to convey the need of voter participation in the community.

The Impact

As Miss Louisiana International 2013, I:

Serve as a spokesperson for The Cinderella Project to promote educational outreach and community projects designed to empower young women.

Work with Stand For Children Louisiana as their spokesperson to educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent public schools.

As Miss International 2013, I will:

Expand my efforts with Stand for Children nationwide, as our nation’s future depends on providing all children with access to excellent schools and educators regardless of where they live.

Continue to support the Miss International Organization by serving as the voice of the Go Red for Women campaign of the American Heart Association.


Please help me maximize my reign as queen and get to the national pageant! I won't be able to compete unless I raise the funds to get there! PLEASE help me get to the national pageant by making a donation by January 1!

2 comments: