Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pageant Week: Day 6 (FINALS)

After performing a great opening number with my sister queens, I stand and wait (and pray) for my name to be called in the section of the Top 15 contestants. The hosts get to number 14....and I am shaking.....FINALLY my name is called and I have made the Top 15.

After on-stage question we rush back to compete the remaining parts of the competition. I can honestly say this was the BEST I have everrrr performed my talent selection and I am extremely proud of that, especially bc I could hear audience members co-signing and agreeing with what I was saying. I didn't stumble or stutter once and I walked off stage feeling absolutely touched by Him, bc through Him I was able to relay an important message. 

Tonight I was blessed to make the Top 15 of the 2012 Miss Black USA Pageant, the who's who of women of color. Although I leave without the national title, I am so blessed to be a part of this organization and thankful for the sisterhood built throughout my reign. Thank you all for your positive and kind words of support. No matter what, I am still your Miss Black Louisiana USA 2012, and will continue to make an impact even after the conclusion of my reign in November.

I am blessed to have every one of you on my side supporting me. This journey has really shown me a lot about how the devil uses people to hurt you and keep you down, even those put in place to actually help you....but it's important to keep pushing, keep succeeding, and KEEP SMILING no matter what they say. Say updated on my reign my liking my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/MBLUSA2012

Back to Louisiana to complete my reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment