Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Baton Rouge Go Red For Women Luncheon

On February 22, 2013, I had the honor of attending my second Go Red For Women Luncheon in Baton Rouge and modeled in the Go Red Fashion Show with fashions from our amazing partner Macy's.

Aside from the fashion show, I am on the speaker's bureau of the Capital Area American Heart Association, so I spoke on their behalf to media and groups throughout the day about the fight to end heart disease and why it is so important to me to do my part to make a difference.


With the Baton Rouge General crew playing games!

WBRZ's Sylvia Weatherspoon

My amazing gown for the fashion show from Macy's



The luncheon was a phenomenal day jam-packed with stories of heart disease survival and ways women can do their part to end heart disease. If you've read by previous blog post about the American Heart Association being the top fundraiser for actual medical initiatives to end the disease, then here's another fact for you: The 2013 Go Red For Women Net Fundraising =  $342,000!! That is AFTER expenses!



I am beyond proud to be a voice for the American Heart Association Across the state of Louisiana and nationwide and I hope each of you take the time to familiarize yourself with the organization and what it stands for. Heart disease is the Number 1 killer of women nationwide, and we're fighting to end that!

See more pictures of the luncheon, the auction, and all the fun and games of the day on the Baton Rouge General Facebook page

Next Go Red Events for me?? The Capital Area Heart Walk on April 13! And the Southwest Louisiana Heart Ball in May! Get your heart walk team together now!

No comments:

Post a Comment