Monday, September 19, 2011

Online Voting Registration

You may recall my platform has a three-step approach:
  • Access to Pre-K: As part of my platform, I will strive to inform citizens of the importance of early childhood development and how it affects their child and Louisiana’s future.
  • Improving Academic Success in K-12: I will continue to convey the importance of improving literacy levels in Louisiana poor communities to ensure our students are prepared for higher education. My platform will focus on finding ways to ensure our African-American students are prepared for college through mentoring programs or college-prep courses; I will strive to improve educational outcomes for students.
  • Political Participation: Finally, too many constituents are unaware of the laws made at the state Capitol and how they can affect educational programs. As part of my platform, I would like to convey the need of voter participation in the African American community and initiate a voter registration drive.
Thanks to my friends in Young Democrats of Louisiana, I have some online voting registration information for you guys! Click the link to be directed to the Louisiana Secretary of State website



You MUST be registered 30 days before the election, so the deadline for October 22nd election is SEPTEMBER 22nd, so DO IT NOW!

You may also apply in person to register to vote at any Registrar of Voters office or any of the following sites:
- Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicle offices
- Louisiana Department of Social Services offices and WIC offices, Food Stamp offices, and Medicaid offices
- Offices serving persons with disabilities, such as the Deaf Action Centers and Independent Living offices
- Armed Forces Recruitment offices

No comments:

Post a Comment