Monday, February 20, 2012

Angry Black Woman

Recently First lady Michelle Obama went on record to challenge assertions she's forcefully imposed her will on White House aides and says people have inaccurately tried to portray her as "some kind of angry black woman." Many of the only Black images in the media portray Black women as angry, unruly, distasteful, or even worse. Any day of the week you can see drama on television series that reinforce these stereotypes to mainstream America.
As Miss Black Louisiana USA 2012, I join the 2012 Miss Black USA delegates as the new face of the African American woman. With 80% of my sister queens holding some type of advanced degree, we have been aptly dubbed, “The next first ladies”.
With that, it is my RESPONSIBILITY to nourish young women of color as much as possible by empowering them to see beyond their color or station in life by pushing them succeed. I want them to know they are more than their race, color, or gender. This cause is greater than myself, as I use my reign to challenge the image of Black women in the media from negative to positive.
I’m very proud to join the Miss Black USA organization on this MISSION. It’s more than a pageant, it’s a movement!
Join me on my journey to the national title! Donate here: FundRazr

No comments:

Post a Comment