Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Miss Black USA....not a pageant, but a MOVEMENT!

The Miss Black USA Pageant and Scholarship Foundation, Inc., was founded in 1986 by Karen Arrington. With civil rights activist parents, Karen was driven to form this organization due to the lack of a positive portrayal of Black women in the media. When she opened a magazine, she did not see anyone whom looked like her. She saw the pageant as a vehicle to provide scholarship to women of color, to not only showcase these intelligent, beautiful Black women, but to CHANGE THE FACE of young African American women.

Today, the movement continues with the pageant becoming the "Who's Who of Women of Color". 80% of the 2012 delegates hold advance degrees including attorneys, doctors, and public administrators.

With service and a commitment to community at the heart and soul of this organization, I am proud to represent the state of Louisiana as your Miss Black Louisiana USA 2012. Aside from my platform of improving the state of higher education in Louisiana, I am also a voice of The Heart Truth Campaign, to raise awareness of heart disease as the #1 killer of women.

Please join me on my journey to the crown by making a small donation to get me to the national competition on August 13, 2012. The countdown is on and I cannot do it without your support. I am passionate about my approach to my platform, and believe education is the KEY! 
Click HERE to donate! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment